Guard UBP-2K is a two-component multipurpose indoor bridging primer for previously coated surfaces that cannot be brought back to bare metal, and where the previous coating cannot be identified. Also suitable for outdoor use, providing it is repainted using a suitable outdoor product.
- Pack Sizes: 5.5 Litres (2 component)
- Colours: White
- Gloss Level: Matt
Note: Container A does not come full so that the contents of container B can be added.
Suitable for concrete, PVC, plastic, glass etc.
- Easy to apply
- Good covering and filling power
- Resistant to abrasion, wear, mopping, oil spills, mineral oil, other chemical agents and dirt in general
- Eliminates the formation of dust on the floor
- Improves surface hardness
- Avoids erosion and wear and tear, making the floor easier to clean and more decorative
- Excellent adherence
- Adherence on concrete, PVC, plastic, glass etc.
- Adherence bridge on rubberised paints for epoxy or polyurethane topcoats
- Rust stop action
- Brush: Yes
- Roller: Yes
- Conventional Spray: No
- Airless Spray: No
- Air Assisted Airless Spray: No
Pot Life: 3-4 hours
For further information and guidance on application, please contact us.
Drying and Curing Time
- Touch Dry: 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on thickness applied and ambient conditions
- Re-coatable: after 24 hours
Please contact us for advice.
- Surfaces should be sanded, clean, dry and free from dust, grease, oil and moisture.
- Clean floor, dry and well hardened (28 days)
- Residual floor humidity at 6%.
- Preferably rough to improve adherence.
- Apply: one or more coats until the substrate is covered
Recommendations Prior to Application
- Do not apply in temperatures below 12ºC
- Relative ambient humidity below 80%
- Surface temperature higher than 8ºC
- Can be stored for up to 6 months, unopened, in original packaging, at normal temperature and humidity, in places protected against frost
- For toxicological standards, consult the Safety Data Sheet
- Do not store opened or started containers
- Apply with good air renewal
- Maximum stability of hardener is up to 6 months at 20ºC
- Prepare only the necessary amount
To avoid the risk of spillage always store and transport in an upright secure position. Materials are hazardous and can also be flammable therefore appropriate precautionary measures must be taken including the use of gloves, glasses and recommended P.P.E in accordance with the material safety data sheets (MSDS).
Please refer to the product Data Sheet and Material Safety Data Sheets for full details regarding the safe use of this product. We also offer free technical advice – click here to contact us.
For further advice regarding the use of this product, technical support or a quotation please contact us.