Mapeflex PU 45 FT
Mapeflex PU 45 FT
Select Your Options
Rapid-hardening paintable polyurethane sealant and adhesive with a high modulus of elasticity for movements up to 20%.
Available in a box of 12 x 300ml cartridges.
Mapeflex PU 45 FT is a one-component, thixotropic, easy-to-apply, polyurethane-based sealant and adhesive with a high modulus of elasticity, made according to a formula developed in MAPEI’s own R&D laboratories and meets the requirements of ISO 11600 class F20 HM. Solvent-free, with a low impact on the environment.
Mapeflex PU 45 FT complies with Euronorm EN 15651-1 (“Sealants for façade elements”) with performance rating F-EXTINT CC and EN 15651-4 (“Sealants for pedestrian walkways”) with performance rating PW-EXT-INT-CC.
Mapeflex PU 45 FT hardens following its reaction with atmospheric humidity and its special characteristics offers a guarantee of long service life. It may be used on both horizontal and vertical surfaces.
The product is ready to use and is available in both metal cartridges and soft cartridges equipped with a special extrusion gun, which makes the product particularly easy to apply.
The consistency of the product is ideal for quick application and its rapid-hardening characteristics allows the surface to be put into service quickly with resulting economic advantages.
Before painting over Mapeflex PU 45 FT make sure it is completely polymerised.
We recommend using elastomeric paint such as Elastocolor Paint after treating the surface of the sealant with Colorite Performance. Always carry out preliminary tests to make sure the sealant and paint are compatible.
Areas of Use
Mapeflex PU 45 FT has been specially developed for sealing expansion and distribution joints in horizontal and vertical surfaces, including those which are subject to occasional chemical attack by hydrocarbons. It is also recommended for flexible bonds between similar and different materials most commonly used in the building industry for both internal and external applications and as a replacement or to compliment mechanical fasteners.
Some application examples
Used as a sealant
· Sealing expansion and distribution joints subject to movements up to 20% of the average width of the joint in:
· industrial floors subject to vehicular traffic, including heavy vehicles;
· concrete floors for internal and external car-parks, supermarkets, shopping centres and warehouses;
· ceramic flooring and coatings, including in areas subject to intense traffic such as supermarkets and industrial
environments where fork-lifts are in use;
· concrete walls and general internal and external vertical structures where the use of a thixotropic product is required;
· old concrete floors which are to be covered with a Mapefloor System.
· Sealing cracks.
· Sealing pipe-work systems for air-conditioning and electric cables.
· Sealing sheet-steel sections, such as flashing and guttering.
· Sealing general fillet joints.
Used as an adhesive at thicknesses up to 3 mm
The high bonding characteristics and rapid-hardening properties of Mapeflex PU 45 FT make it suitable for joining various materials and for bonding on a wide range of substrate materials.
Mapeflex PU 45 FT may be used to bond most building materials, for example cement and cement-based products, cellular concrete, bricks, steel, copper, aluminium, general pre-painted surfaces, glass, mirrors, gypsum, wood and woodbased materials, ceramics, clinker, insulating material, plastics such as PVC, acrylic glass and fibreglass.
When used to form flexible bonds, Mapeflex PU 45 FT is a multi-purpose product for constructing and finishing building
works such as:
· tinwork and flashing;
· skirting boards, cable beads, beading rods and corner guards;
· pre-formed decorative elements;
· bathroom fittings;
· window sills;
· roofing tiles, concave roofing tiles, covering panels and insulation panels.