Select Your Colour
PPG SigmaCover 350
PPG SigmaCover 350
Select Your Options
A two-pack, anticorrosive epoxy primer/coating deal for use in the marine and protective coatings sectors, including topsides, decks, superstructures and cargo holds.
- Pack Size: 4 litre & 20 litre units
- Colours: Multiple colour options available
PPG Sigmacover 350
PPG SigmaCover 350 is a two-component, high-build polyamide cured anticorrosive epoxy primer/coating.
This surface tolerant coating is ideal for a wide range of uses in the marine and protective coatings sectors, including topsides, decks, superstructures and cargo holds. SigmaCover 350 has good impact and abrasion resistance, is fast-curing, and compatible with various aged coatings to ensure quick professional results. With excellent corrosion resistance this coating is also splash and spillage resistant to a wide range of chemicals.
Easy to apply either by spray, brush or roller, SigmaCover 350 provides a semi-gloss finish.
Product Features and Benefits
- Surface tolerant primer/coating for wide use in Marine and Protective Coatings
- Marine use: suitable on topsides, decks, superstructures and cargo holds
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Compatible with various aged coatings
- Fast curing
- Suitable as floor coating for pedestrian traffic with dry to walk on time of 6 hours at 20°C (68°F)
- Good impact and abrasion resistance
- Smooth film, easy to clean
- Resistant to splash and spillage of a wide range of chemicals
- Available in standard and custom colours, including aluminium
- For Cargo holds - available in grey ( 5177 ) and redbrown ( 6179 ) colours only
- Semi-gloss finish
Method of Application
- Air spray
- Airless spray
- Adequate ventilation must be maintained during application and curing (please refer to Information Sheets 1433 and 1434)
- Should SigmaCover 350 or the total coating system (2 x 125 μm/2 x 5.0 mils) be applied in excess of the specified dry film thickness, then the time necessary to reach full cure will be increased
- For cargo hold application: for full cure for hard angular cargoes please contact us for technical advice.
Please refer to the product Data Sheet for surface preparation, mixing and application instructions.
Please click here to contact us to discuss suitable topcoats for use with PPG SigmaCover 350.
The following thinner is recommended for PPG SigmaCover 350:
- The temperature of the mixed base and hardener should preferably be above 15°C (59°F), otherwise extra thinner may be required to obtain application viscosity
- Adding too much thinner results in reduced sag resistance
- Thinner should be added after mixing the components
Please refer to the product Data Sheet for further details regarding the required volume of thinner.
Basic data at 20°C (68°F):
|Number of components||Two|
|Mass density||1.4 kg/l (11.7 lb/US gal)|
|VOC (Supplied)||Directive 1999/13/EC, SED: max. 263.0 g/kg max. 361.0 g/l (approx. 3.0 lb/US gal)|
|Recommended dry film thickness||100 - 150 μm (4.0 - 6.0 mils) for airless spray|
|Theoretical spreading rate||5.8 m2/l for 125 μm (231 ft2/US gal for 5.0 mils); 4.8 m2/l for 150 μm (192 ft2/US gal for 6.0 mils)|
|Dry to touch||2 hours|
|Overcoating Interval||Minimum: 6 hours Maximum: 21 days|
|Full cure after||7 days|
|Shelf life||Base: at least 24 months when stored cool and dry; Hardener: at least 24 months when stored cool and dry|
|Pot life||3 hours at 20°C (68°F)|
Please refer to the Data Sheet for additional technical data.
For paint and recommended thinners see Information Sheets 1430, 1431 and the relevant Material Safety Data Sheets.
This is a solvent-borne paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray mist or vapour, as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin or eyes.
Please refer to the product Data Sheet and Material Safety Data Sheets for full details regarding the safe use of this product. We also offer free technical advice - click here to contact us.