- Pack Size: 5 litres
- Colour: Silver
- Gloss Level: Sheen
Guard HTS is a single component silicone alkyd paint which is ideal for interior use onto suitably prepared steel and metal. Temperature resistant up to 550°C.
- Brush: Yes. Small areas only
- Roller: No. Not optimised
- Conventional Spray: Yes. Thinner should not be required - maximum 5%
- Airless Spray: Yes. Thinner should not be required - maximum 5%
- Air Assisted Airless Spray: No
For further information and guidance on application, please refer to the Data Sheet or contact us.
Drying and Curing Time
- Touch Dry: 1-2 hours
- Hard Dry: 6 hours
- Full Cure: Needs to be cured at 200°C for 1 hour to obtain full cure
- Re-coatable: Not recommended - small areas only
Drying times are based on temperatures of 20°C, lower temperatures will increase drying times. Please speak with our technical team before elevating temperatures or attempting to force cure any of our products unless already stated. Shop conditions such as having good airflow will optimise curing.
Should be applied directly to suitably prepared steel. Not suitable to be top coated.
- Ensure surfaces are clean, dry and free from grease and other contamination before coating.
- Thoroughly degrease and where applicable, abrade to remove rust and promote good adhesion of the coating. For optimum corrosion protection, mild steel should be blast cleaned to Sa2.5.
- Complex structures may be more effectively cleaned by HPWJ (high pressure water jetting).
Guard Solvent A
Guard Solvent A
Once painting has been completed, clean all equipment with above mentioned cleaning solvent. Spray equipment should be appropriately flushed through for 3-5 minutes (returning unused paint to the tin, unless thinned which should be stored in a separate tin) before replacing any used solvent with clean solvent to leave in the pump, gun and lines.
To avoid the risk of spillage always store and transport in an upright secure position. Materials are hazardous and can also be flammable therefore appropriate precautionary measures must be taken including the use of gloves, glasses and recommended P.P.E in accordance with the material safety data sheets (MSDS).
Please refer to the product Data Sheet and Material Safety Data Sheets for full details regarding the safe use and storage of this product. We also offer free technical advice – click here to contact us.
For further advice regarding the use of this product, technical support or a quotation please contact us.