Select Your Colour
Select Your Options
- Pack Sizes: 5 litres, 20 litres (Nominal Volumes)
- Colours: Full tintable colour range. All RAL & BS4800 colours and specials on request.
- Gloss Level: Matt, Satin, Gloss
Guard SCF is a high quality single coat finish for application onto mild steel and other suitably prepared surfaces. Ideal for applications which require a fast turnaround, such as manufacturers of modular components and other OEM companies.
- Brush: No. Not optimised - small areas only, including stripe coating
- Roller: No.
- Conventional Spray: Yes. Thin up to 10% - added as approximately 3-5% each time
- Airless Spray: Yes.
- Air Assisted Airless Spray: Yes. Optimised.
For further information and guidance on application, please refer to the Data Sheet or contact us.
Drying and Curing Time
- Touch Dry: 2 hours
- Hard Dry: 24 hours
- Full Cure: 24 hours
- Re-coatable: Unlimited
Drying times are based on temperatures of 20°C, lower temperatures will increase drying times. Please speak with our technical team before elevating temperatures or attempting to force cure any of our products unless already stated. Shop conditions such as having good airflow will optimise curing.
Designed as a ‘OneCoat’ primer/finish, though is compatible with most single component primers, such as Guard GIP or Guard EP. Likewise, can be overcoated with alkyd topcoats such as Guard FEB or Guard FES.
- Ensure surfaces are clean, dry and free from grease and other contamination before coating.
- Thoroughly degrease and where applicable, abrade to remove rust and promote good adhesion of the coating. For optimum corrosion protection, mild steel should be blast cleaned to Sa2.5.
- Complex structures may be more effectively cleaned by HPWJ (high pressure water jetting).
- For the best corrosion protection we recommend stripe coating all edges and hard to reach areas with this product first, before application of a full coat.
Guard Solvent A
Guard Solvent A
Once painting has been completed, clean all equipment with above mentioned cleaning solvent. Spray equipment should be appropriately flushed through for 3-5 minutes (returning unused paint to the tin, unless thinned which should be stored in a separate tin) before replacing any used solvent with clean solvent to leave in the pump, gun and lines.
To avoid the risk of spillage always store and transport in an upright secure position. Materials are hazardous and can also be flammable therefore appropriate precautionary measures must be taken including the use of gloves, glasses and recommended P.P.E in accordance with the material safety data sheets (MSDS).
Please refer to the product Data Sheet and Material Safety Data Sheets for full details regarding the safe use and storage of this product. We also offer free technical advice – click here to contact us.
For further advice regarding the use of this product, technical support or a quotation please contact us.
Please note: Our colours are tinted specifically to your request using the manufacturers base product. They are sold in the nearest container size and the actual paint volume within may vary by up to 10% depending on your specific RAL. The nominal volume is correct and is sold on that basis.