Select Your Colour
PPG SigmaFast 20
PPG SigmaFast 20
Select Your Options
A fast-drying, anticorrosive high-build zinc phosphate primer, based on modified alkyd resin
- Colour: Grey, Red Brown, Off White, Wide range of RAL colours available on request
- Finish: Flat
PPG SigmaFast 20 is a fast-drying, anticorrosive high-build zinc phosphate primer, based on modified alkyd resin.
- Pack size: 5 litre and 20 litre units
- Colours: Wide range of RAL colours available
- Gloss level: Flat
Features and Benefits
- Good anticorrosive properties under atmospheric conditions
- Recoatable with most one- and two-component coatings
- Suitable for atmospheric exposure conditions
- Lead- and chromate-free
- Can be specified as a single coat, direct-to-metal system for ISO 12944 C1 and C2 environments
Method of Application
- Air spray
- Airless spray
- PPG SigmaFast 20
Please contact us for other suitable topcoats.
Air Spray: PPG Thinner 21-06
Volume of Thinner: 5 - 10% depending on required thickness and application conditions.
Airless Spray: PPG Thinner 21-06
Volume of Thinner: 0 - 5% depending on required thickness and application conditions.
Brush/Roller: PPG Thinner 20-05
Volume of Thinner: 0 - 2 %
Refer to product Data Sheet for further details.
PPG Thinner 21-06
Adequate ventilation must be maintained during application and curing (please refer to Information Sheets 1433 and 1434).
For paint and recommended thinners see Information Sheets 1430, 1431 and relevant Material Safety Data Sheets.
This is a solvent-borne paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray mist or vapour, as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin or eyes.
Please refer to the product Data Sheet and Material Safety Data Sheets for full details regarding the safe use of this product. We also offer free technical advice - click here to contact us.
Basic Data at 20°C (68°F) for mixed product:
- Number of components: One
- Mass density: 1.5 kg/l (12.5 lb/US gal)
- Volume solids: 55 ± 2%
- VOC (Supplied): Directive 1999/13/EC, SED: max. 258.0 g/kg. UK PG 6/23(92) Appendix 3: max. 382.0 g/l (approx. 3.2 lb/US gal)
- Recommended dry film thickness: 50 - 75 μm (2.0 - 3.0 mils) per coat
- Theoretical spreading rate: 7.3 m2/l for 75 μm (294 ft2/US gal for 3.0 mils)
- Dry to touch: 15 minutes
- Overcoating Interval: Minimum: 45 minutes
- Shelf life: At least 24 months when stored cool and dry
Please refer to the Product Data Sheet for additional technical data.
For further advice regarding the use of this product, technical support or a quotation please contact us.